You’ve tried diet, cardio, and all the other ‘latest’ trend diets, but still, nothing seems to be working. And now, if you want to learn the best ways to lose upper belly fat, then this article is meant for you. You see, today we going to share with you some proven tips and steps that can help you achieve your goal faster and easier than ever before.
Lots of people have asked me how they can get rid of their belly fat. The truth is, this is not easy because there are so many factors that affect belly fat. But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try it!
Let’s start with a disclaimer: There are no shortcuts to this. The only way you’ll be able to achieve your goal is by putting in the work. I’m going to give you the steps that I used in order to reduce my belly fat and get stronger. But before I do that, let’s start from the beginning.
Table of Contents
How to lose upper belly fat and get toned abs in 9 easy steps
Step 1. Exercise regularly
If you want to get rid of your belly fat, then start an exercise routine and make it part of your daily life. If you’re not used to exercising, start with something easy like walking or gardening and build up a routine from there.
Step 2. Limit calories
If you’re trying to lose weight and reduce your belly fat, then try eating less calories so that you burn more calories than you consume each day. This will help reduce the amount of fat in your body and make it easier for you to burn weight overall!
Step 4. Avoid alcohol and sugar when possible
Alcohol and sugar are both bad for your body in ways that affect how much fat is stored in your body; if these substances are consumed regularly they can lead to significant weight gain over time.
Step 5. Get Enough Sleep Every Night
The best way to lose upper belly fat is to eat a healthy diet, exercise regularly, and get enough sleep every night. If you’re struggling with how much sleep you need each night to lose weight, here’s a handy guide:
– 8 hours: You should try for at least 8 hours of sleep each night. This is the minimum amount of sleep that will help you feel rested and energized in the morning.
– 7 hours: If you’re struggling to get enough sleep at night, try sleeping for 7 hours or less each night for 1 week. If you still find yourself tired and groggy in the morning, then go back to your usual schedule of getting at least 8 hours of sleep per night.
– 6 hours: If you’re still having trouble getting enough sleep every night after adjusting your schedule around it for 1 week and getting more than 6 hours on average during that time period then consider adding an alarm clock beside your bed so that you don’t drift off before your alarm goes off.
Get enough sleep every night! Sleep is essential for losing weight and improving your health, so make sure you’re getting enough!
Step 6. Eat a healthy diet
Eating healthy food is the best way to lose upper belly fat. Try to consume more veggies and less meat as much as possible. The better for you is to consume more fruits, salads, boiled food, and veggies!
If you have a round belly and want to get rid of it, first you need to follow a healthy diet plan. Eating foods high in carbohydrates will help you burn upper belly fat weight. High-carbohydrate foods include bread, rice, cereal, and other starchy foods such as potatoes and beans.
These types of foods are also a good source of fiber which helps you feel fuller longer. You should also limit your intake of saturated fat found in red meat, full-fat dairy products like cheese, butter, and cream, and trans fats found in fried foods such as french fries or potato chips.
A good way to lose belly fat is by doing situps every day for at least 30 minutes per session. You can do this by putting your hands on the floor or a chair behind you with knees bent at 90 degrees.
Only use your abs muscles while holding yourself up off the floor using only your abdominal muscles (not leg muscles). This will strengthen them while they kick in more slowly than regular sit-ups which can burn more calories and help to make your belly flatter.
Here are some of the best foods that you need to include in your diet plan:
1. Fresh Fruits: Fresh fruits can be eaten as a snack or as part of your breakfast. They are rich in antioxidants which help fight against free radicals and also help keep your skin glowing.
2. Oatmeal: Oatmeal is an excellent source of fiber, which helps lower cholesterol levels and keeps your digestive system healthy. You can add it to your morning meal or have it as a snack between meals. It contains no fat or cholesterol and is low in calories too!
3. Lean Meats: This includes fish, chicken, turkey, and lean cuts of beef such as flank steak and sirloin tip steak – all of which are low in fat and high in protein. Eating these will help to reduce belly fat because they’re filling without being heavy on the stomach!
Step 7. Don’t drink too much alcohol
Alcohol consumption has been shown to increase appetite and decrease the feeling of fullness. This can lead to overeating and weight gain, which is not what you want if you’re trying to lose weight.
Drinking too much alcohol can lead to a plethora of health problems, including gallstones, liver disease, and cardiovascular disease. But if you’re trying to lose weight, drinking too much alcohol can actually make it harder for your body to burn off the fat in your stomach area.
Step 8. Consume Monounsaturated Fatty Acid-Rich Foods
To lose upper belly fat, you need to eat foods rich in monounsaturated fatty acids. These include avocados, almonds, and olives. You can also add these to your diet by using them as ingredients in smoothies and salads.
One of the best ways to lose belly fat is by eating a diet rich in monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs). These fats can help your body burn calories more efficiently, which will help you lose weight and reduce belly fat.
Step 9. Drink water 30 minutes before meals
If you want to lose your upper belly fat and get that flat stomach that everyone loves, then you need to drink water a half hour before meals and exercise.
Water helps flush out toxins that accumulate in your body. when you don’t drink enough of it, which can lead to weight gain. Water also reduces bloating so you’ll feel less full after eating and be able to eat less.
Water makes us feel fuller and keeps us from overeating by keeping our blood sugar stable. It also helps keep energy levels up so we can work longer. So drink some water before each meal!
Case study of overweight mother
We’ll tell you the story of a mother whose weight is rapidly rising. Her several deliveries had caused her to gain weight. She became anxious about her weight when she realized it had remained constant after giving birth.
According to the study, she made several attempts, but her weight remains the same. As a result, she was really upset by this. Later with the help of a nutritionist, she adopted the practice of a balanced diet and regular exercise.
Here’s what helped her to lose weight;
A true weight loss story of a mother and she expresses her experience in her own words.
- I accepted the notion that it would probably take 18+ months to lose the weight because it had taken me more than that long to get it. Despite how much I learned about nutrition, I still thought I needed direction. So I looked at a number of well-known diets and ideologies.
- I made the decision to follow a balanced, nutrient-rich diet that included a wide range of fruits, vegetables, lean meats, and healthy fats (and also very low in carbohydrates). I adapted a well-known commercial diet to fit my preferences (most of the diets out there are fairly similar). I never purchased any of their prepared items, and I simply utilized their menu as a general guide, replacing my preferred foods or pantry staples as needed.
- I purchased a little pocket diary and began recording everything I consumed. I attempted to count the calories on each page, which represented a day’s worth of consumption. I weighed myself once a week and recorded that information as well.
- In those early days, exercise was limited to a few minutes after the kids had gone to bed (and before they woke up again overnight).
- Yes, I did occasionally delight in desserts like cake, wine, chocolate, baklava (which was my undoing), or other sweets. I excused such mistakes as well as any “vacations” from my exercise, tracking, and nutrition regimen. I would simply continue where I had left off.
- The pounds dropped off slowly over time, with some stops and starts and ups and downs on the scale. As the months passed, I was able to go back to my gym and increase the frequency of my workouts to once or twice a week. My metabolism improved as my muscular tone grew, which led to a faster rate of weight loss.
- After two years of hard work, I had lost 50 pounds and maintained that loss by five pounds.
How to eliminate upper belly fat?
Upper-abdominal exercises are a great way to tone your upper body. They work your abs and help you shed the fat on your waistline.
Upper belly fat workout
Try this one-hour upper body fat workout. It’s a great way to work your abs and get rid of that annoying upper-belly fat.
1. Warm up with a jump rope or jogging in place.
2. Do 15 pushups, then 10 dips, then 15 pushups again. Repeat this sequence five times. Perform these workouts with a rest of 1 minute.
3. Next, do two sets of 15 crunches each (hold for 30 seconds). That’s it!
Top 3 yoga poses to burn upper abdomen fat
1. Boat pose
- Boat pose is a great way to relax and de-stress. It’s also a great way to relieve tension in your muscles, as it can help you feel more relaxed.
- The key to boat pose is getting into the right position, then relaxing your body and focusing on your breathing.
- You can start by lying down on your back with your knees bent so that they are at right angles to your torso.
- If this isn’t possible, you can bend them with a yoga strap or blanket.
- Then bring both legs up and rest them on top for a few seconds
- Continue doing this for one minute before stopping for the rest of about 30 seconds.
- Make sure that your feet are flat on the ground and not pointed upward or inward toward each other.
- Relax all of your muscles and make sure you stay relaxed as you hold this position for several minutes.
2. Russian twists
- Russian twists are one of the most challenging yoga poses. You need to keep your balance and move your body in a controlled manner. It is also very important not to rush through this pose as it can cause injury.
- First, lie on your back with both hands at shoulder level.
- Now bend your knees so that your feet are placed on the floor and then raise them towards the ceiling.
- Make sure that you do not put any pressure on your neck or spine by bending backward or twisting yourself too much.
- Now start twisting from left to right and then back again without losing balance.
- Continue doing this for one minute before stopping for the rest of about 30 seconds.
- It is important to keep a steady pace during this exercise as it can be very easy to lose it if you do not concentrate properly on maintaining good posture while doing the exercise.
3. Side planks
- Lie down on your side and place your palm on the ground, with your elbow bent.
- Raise yourself up onto all fours, then lower yourself back down to the ground so that you are in the same position as before.
- Repeat this movement five times, then switch sides and repeat five times more.
Everyone aspires to appear extremely active and fit. But everyone diverts attention from exercise, and it appears to be difficult to reduce weight without working out. Exercise is a must if you want to see immediate changes in your body.
You should maintain a proper diet in addition to exercising daily. We have provided you with the information that you might have heard before, but you may not have implemented it yet.
Our article’s main goal is to clarify the significance of adopting a balanced diet and exercise routine. So that you may quickly reduce upper belly fat and seem gorgeous and fit.